OKAY. LET’S PUT THIS INTO CONTEXT FOR A SEC HERE
- SAM, DEAN, AND CAS HAVE BEEN ON A CONFERENCE CALL FOR BLAH BLAH MINUTES TALKING ABOUT TRYING TO STOP THE END OF TIMES AS USUAL
- THEN CAS SAYS SOMETHING OFF-TOPIC YET “SO CAS”, AND DEAN RETORTS BY SAYING SOMETHING THAT’S “SO DEAN”, AND THEY BOTH TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE THAT
- WHICH PROMPTS CAS TO ASK, “HOW ARE YOU, DEAN?”
- TO WHICH DEAN RESPONDS, “I’M FINE CAS. HOW BOUT YOU?”
- AND NOW WE ARE IN CONTEXT
NOW IT’S TIME TO INTERPRET CAS’ ANSWER
- CAS HAS BEEN WINGLESS FOR BLAH BLAH MONTHS NOW.
BUT IT IS ONLY NOW, IN THIS PHONE CALL (canonically, speaking), RIGHT AFTER HE AND DEAN HAVE THAT LITTLE EXCHANGE, THAT HE REVEALS HE MISSES HIS WINGS
- AND CAS HASN’T SEEN DEAN IN A LONG TIME
- I’D LIKE TO ARGUE, IDEALLY, THAT “WINGS” COULD BE A METAPHOR FOR DEAN (that “on the wings of love, love lifts us up where we belong” crap) OR A METAPHOR FOR HOW THINGS USED TO BE
- ON THE BASIS THAT HE AND DEAN ARE FINDING EACH OTHER AGAIN IN THE LITTLE NUANCES OF THEIR CONVERSATION.
- DEAN IS HIS WINGS. THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS HIS WINGS. BECAUSE HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH DEAN IS WHAT KEEPS HIM GROUNDED, AND HELPS HIM TAKE FLIGHT.
- OR WE COULD ALSO ARGUE THAT IT ISN’T A METAPHOR, BUT RATHER HE REALLY MISSES HIS WINGS ESPECIALLY IN THIS CONTEXT
- THAT HE’S ON THE PHONE WITH DEAN AND HE CAN’T JUST RANDOMLY POP UP BEHIND DEAN WHEN DEAN CALLS
- SO HE MISSES HIS WINGS BECAUSE BEFORE, ALL HE NEEDED WAS A THOUGHT OR A PRAYER AND HE COULD BE WHERE DEAN WAS, AND NOW HE CAN’T DO THAT ANYMORE
- CAS MISSES HIS WINGS BECAUSE HIS WINGS TOOK HIM TO DEAN
let’s play “how many times can my OTP look at each other like that without kissing until I throw a chair at my TV”
Some people were a little confused so I made this.
Good, I thought I was the only one to think this
found the twelve year old
this is almost as fun as ‘find the vegan’
we are not entertainment clowns. we simply eat healthy. go back to burger king.
i found the vegan
also a vegan, and we can eat at Burger King; they have a veggie burger and the fries are cooked in vegetable oil
Today is Copernicus’s 541th birthday. You may remember Copernicus as the man who said “Hey, what if the Earth went around the sun?” To which the Catholic Church replied “Hey, what if we set you on fire?”
I don’t remember Copernicus being burned by the Church, maybe because that never happened. Copernicus lived and died before the Inquisition.
Queen leaves couple stunned after Her Majesty accepts wedding invitation at Manchester town hall.
I’d like to think that’s exactly the sort of stunt I’d pull if I were the Queen of anything.
Queen Just Glad To Be Invited To Something Normal For Once
Queen Totally Fine With It If You Just Want To Go For Kebab Sometime
Just Drop Queen A Line
Queen Is Just Saying
tattoos by amanda wachob (x)
Am Not Sad, I Am Not Sick is now available as a PDF for digital download.
"I Am Not Sad, I Am Not Sick: An Autobio Zine" debuted at Twin Cities Zinefest 2013. It is a 15-page black-and-white zine based on mental and emotional struggles of the author.
Here it is on tumblr. It’s $3 (or pay-what-you-want on Gumroad!). I’ve cleaned it up quite a bit and added grey tones to give the drawings a bit more depth. It’s a very personal piece and I hope you’ll consider picking it up.
This zine does include references to self-harm and suicidal ideation.
Thanks for supporting me!
Page 1 of 1653